I was nominated by the McMusicBookBlog to do the shuffle the music tag. Here are the rules (Copied from the creator Creator )
• Mention the creator of the tag and link to their blog.
• Thank the person that nominated you for this tag and link to their blog as well.
• Shuffle your entire music library (no matter how old songs the songs are) and talk about the FIRST FIFTEEN songs that come up (anything like why they are there, if they signify something, any story, why you like them etc.)
• Mention the songs as well as the artists.
• Tag 7 people or more to do this tag and please let them know
1. EQUINOX (HEAVENLY CLUB MIX) – CODE 718
This is one of the great songs my Dad put on our shared favourite tracks and it's so amazing. It's on one of my favourite dance labels, strictly rhythm and I really like the songs.
2. HOTEL CALIFORNIA – THE EAGLES
An amazing rock song. Classic. Not much more to say.
3. WELCOME TO YOUTUBE – BO BURNHAM
An amazing, witty comedy song by Bo Burnham satiring Youtube that makes me laugh every time. Seriously, go listen to this if you haven't already, but be warned, there's a bit of bad language, so skip it if that kind of things offends you.
4. GERM FREE ADOLESCENTS – X-RAY SPEX
I love this song. Why? Because it is loud. And brash. And punk. And it is the perfect song to mosh to.
5. FOOTLOOSE – KENNY LOGGINS
Another amazing song from my phase of 80's obsession.
6. FAIRLY LOCAL – TWENTY ONE PILOTS
TWENNNNNNNNNNNNNY ONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE PILLLLOOOOOOOOOOTTTTSSSS
7. TWO PRINCES – SPIN DOCTORS
I really like this song, it's got a kind of ska rock kinda vibe and it's really awesome.
8. A LACK OF COLOR – DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE
A nice depressing, acoustic emo song. Nuff' said.
9. DAVYAN COWBOY – BOARDS OF CANADA
I don't know why I hadn't heard of Boards of Canada before, but this song is just an example of a great song.
10. TEARS IN THE RAIN – JOE SATRANI
I'm learning this on guitar right now, and sure, it may not be surfing the alien, but it's a very good Joe Satrani
11. POO-PUTT PLATTER – MF DOOM
This is part of a four part 'sound collage' by the underground rapper MF Doom.
You know, I can't even explain this. Just look at the lyrics then listen to the song.
"I've tripped a lot out here in the woods lately.
This is a platter of- this makes an exceptionally good late night snack and a dandy fly swatter.
Nothing comes between me and my master.
What is it, father?
These footprints were made by the flying monkey men!
But they've been restrained to the valley since we made the – PIG FEEEET.
Yes, that is what disturbs me.
But he'd probably get indigestion!
You will GO.
I don't think so.
This jungle is dangerous, Pepper, you will need assistance.
I know what I'm doing.
You risked your life for us, thanks.
I've lost an arm!
Stop it father!
Return to the house!
And the song is so much better than lyrics.
12. PSYCHO – MUSE
I know, I know, the lyrics are terrible, but the bassline is so amazing!
13. WHO'S BEEN LOVING YOU – WATSKY
One of my favourite tracks by Watsky, it is kinda explicit but definitely worth a listen if you don't mind.
14. THE SUBURBS – ARCADE FIRE
Such. A. Great. Track. Ask any indie music blogger you know and they will tell you that this track is amazing.
15. RHYTHM IS A MYSTERY (NON-STOP EDIT) – K-KLASS
A great dance track that my Dad introduced me to and an even greater version.
Anyway, I nominate:
- Dumcheese – Riley's Backpack
- Mr. Bubbles – Riley's Backpack
- Ghost – TheGreatAwesome
- The eclectic music lover
That's it for now!